Fare explores the tastes, textures, and triumphs of a single city in each issue.
In this issue: Hidden beneath the eternal fog of Peru's coastal cliffs sits Lima, a shocking burst of color and flavor. Here you'll find markets spilling over with jungle fruits on one street, ancient ruins on another, and some of the world's finest restaurants around the corner.
- Visit nighttime street carts slinging anticuchos, sizzling beef heart skewers with roots in Quechua tradition and sixteenth century slavery
- Learn the history and traditional production of Pisco and the Pisco Sour
- The divine origins of the colorful dessert known as Turrón de Doña Pepa
- Lima's founding fathers of punk rock
- A discussion with Chef Virgilio Martínez about Peruvian food research and the philosophy behind his altitude-inspired menu
Glasgow, UK; 170 x 240mm; 192 pages; Biannual