System explores, with style and substance, the dialogues at the heart of the global fashion industry. It offers exclusive long-format conversations with fashion’s most relevant, most powerful, and most opinionated individuals, accompanied by portfolios created by the industry’s most in-demand image-makers.
In this issue:
- In the six years since he joined Balenciaga as creative director, Demna has simultaneously reinvented the house and redefined luxury fashion. This issue includes a deep dive into all things Demna and Balenciaga.
- How two fashion journalists took non-traditional routes to becoming important – and highly opinionated – new industry voices: Luke Meagher, aka HauteLeMode and Pierre A. M’Pelé, aka Pam Boy in conversation.
- Supriya Lele, KNWLS and Nensi Dojaka on London’s new wave of womenswear, designed by women for women. With photography by Drew Vickers and styling by Vanessa Reid.
- The best of Autumn/Winter 2021-2022’s looks, by photographer Carlijn Jacobs and stylist Haley Wollens.
- ‘I love this one!’ Chanel’s Spring/Summer 2022 accessories, as chosen by 12 of System’s favourite stylists. With photographs by Charles Negre.
- Omoyemi Akerele, founder of Lagos Fashion and Design Week on the future of Nigerian fashion. Plus ‘In Lagos’, an exploration of Nigeria’s exciting fashion scene by photographer Josh Woods and stylist Ola Ebiti.
System Issue 18 is accompanied by an exclusive Chanel print supplement exploring ‘Les Rendez-vous littéraires rue Cambon’, created by Charlotte Casiraghi. Celebrating women and literature, Virginia Woolf and the Bloomsbury Group and featuring cover stars Casiraghi and actor Keira Knightley. With photography by Alasdair McLellan and creative direction by Aleksandra Woroniecka.
London, UK; 230 x 300mm; 300+ pagaes