The Happy Reader #18
The Happy Reader is a unique magazine about reading for anyone who wishes to stay inspired, informed and entertained. With beautiful typography, the magazine is a design object which celebrates the pure pleasure of reading and the calming luxury of being offline.
Each issue is split into two halves. The first half is an in-depth interview with a book fanatic and the second half gets under the skin of one classic work of literature.
- The Interview: DIANE VON FURSTENBERG by Seb Emina — ‘I never wanted to be any woman other than myself, but I would like to be Venice’
- Diane’s fave sound files
- Introduction: Beyond Binaries by Seb Emina
- Diction: Adventures in telephony by Willy Ndatira — Why I no longer use white voice
- Arrangements: Artworks by Awol Erizku
- Milleu: Racial identity as a jury trial by Morgan Jenkins — The shocking true story that inspired Nella Larsen
- From novel to sketchbook to movie
- Computing: Artificialness by Roisin Kiberd — Algorithms passing as human
- Travel: Through security by Gabrielle Bellot — In transit in Senegal
- Language: A better word by Wayde Compton — The word ‘passing’ is problematic
- Family: Believing my eyes — Larson’s novel helped me tell my own story
- Sail through The Odyssey
London, U.K.; 170mm x 245mm; 66 pages