The Plant #18
Unit price per
The Plant is a magazine for plant lovers. It looks at greenery by featuring the works of creative folks who also love plants. Each issue is a monographic look at a specific plant and brings together photographers, illustrators, designers, musicians, writers and visual artists; both established and emerging, from all over the world.
In this issue:
- Fumiko Imano standing out amongst orange poppies on the cover. The artist delves into the meaning of flowers and how they are intertwined with our lives.
- Flowers continue to inspire, in pop artist Lily van der Stokker’s interview. Fashion designer Simone Rocha brings us on her family walk in the South of France.
- Dealing with one of the most relevant and complex matters today, Sam Rock visits Yucatán, where an asteroid hit the Earth and unleashed the last mass extinction.
- We explore how we interact with insects in our daily lives through the lenses of Wolfgang Tillmans, Nobuyoshi Araki, Jack Davison, Harley Weir, Zöe Ghertner among others.
- Josh Olins takes us into the purple fantasy of the Belgian bluebell forest, while Deo Suveera and Pamela Dimitrov dive into the woods to deliver a collection of mementos.
- Symbiosis comes in the hands of photographer Benjamin Tietge and stylist Elle Britt, while Scheltens & Abbenes go camping to tell us all about the minute details of tents. And, we recall the life and work of the timeless muse and potter Lucie Rie.
- Issue 18 ends, as usual, with the Loose Leaves section. Read, explore and enjoy!
Free Shipping Over $200!