Drift #9, Bali
Drift is a magazine devoted to coffee culture. It's about coffee, the people who drink it, and the cities they inhabit. Each issue highlights a different city.
In this issue:
- How the Balinese take their coffee—with everything from durian to egg yolks
- Photo essay of local baristas and their personal interests
- The influence of digital nomads and other expats on the coffee culture of Bali
- Explainer of “fourth wave coffee” and Indonesia’s Coffee Wheel
- How coffee shops in Bali are doing their part to alleviate the island’s waste crisis
- Balinese religion and how they need to be in balance with both gods and devils
- And much more...
USA; 216 x 280mm; 160 pages; Biannual; 2020