Pleasant Place #1: Enclosures
Unit price per
Pleasant Place is a growing collection of publications about the art of gardening. Pleasant Place informs and inspires by offering both practical and in-depth information as well as unexpected approaches to everyday garden tasks and garden design. Through collaborations with experts and artists Pleasant Place caters both to those who grow gardens as well as those who imagine gardens.
In this issue:
A garden is a garden because it’s framed and shielded from the outside world. Right?
- A Sisterly Witch Dance in the Walled Garden – an essay on the walled garden by Laurie Cluitmans
- My Garden’s Boundaries are the Horizon – a photo-essay on Derek Jarman’s fenceless garden at Prospect Cottage
- New Enclosures – new and experimental enclosures by artists Cindy Bakker, Iede Reckman, Jesse Greulich and Daniel Slats
- Living Enclosures – an article on the benefits of living enclosures with illustrations by Gijs Deddens;
- A set of hortus conclusus miniatures by Sophie Artz
The cover and inside cover are by Pleasant Place x Marius Grootveld x D.alle and graphic design is by fanfare.
Stockport, United Kingdom; 32 pages; 180mm x 240mm
Free Shipping Over $200!